To be a center of excellence in the development of Executives and Business leaders who uphold moral values guided by faith.
To imparting knowledge, innovative practices and community service – offering socially responsive programs supportive of national and global development.
The Department of Commerce started with two programmes namely B.Com (General Stream) and B.Com (Computer Applications)in the year 2015.It comes under the aegis of Kalasalingam Business School from the Academic year 2017-18. It inculcates the academic excellence, value creation and social Responsibility among the learners. The department has 406 students having high caliber with multi-dimensional personalities. The Department offers five programmes such as B.Com (General) with 141 credits, B.Com (Computer Applications), B.Com (Professional Accounting), B.Com(Banking & Insurance) and B.Com (Corporate Secretaryship) with 128 credits for each programmes. These programmes offer the understanding in the areas of Business Organization, Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Marketing, Banking, Insurance, Secretarial Practice, Financial Market, Management Information System, Service Marketing, Multimedia, Internet and Web Technology and E-Retailing. The Department has multifarious activities whichare linked with industries. It organizes workshops, National & International Seminars and Conferences involving experts from various reputed and recognized institutions and Universities. The Department adopts student centric leisurely way of teaching methodology. We have Memorandum of Understanding with Institute of Cost Accountant of India(ICAI). Our students are provided an opportunity to do online, short term and Value added courses. To develop research attitude, students are motivated to present their research papers in National and International Conferences conducted by other colleges and Universities.
Kalasalingam Association of Commerce is an Association to facilitate the students in promoting creativity, Personality Development, Effective public speaking, Leadership skills, Team spirit and Social Responsibilities.
Association Activities are;
2. Guest Lecturers
3. Paper Presentations
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
The Commerce program aims to achieve the following objectives:
1. Will be capable of making a positive contribution to the accountancy in public practices,Govt commerce and industry.
2. Will be able to pursue research in their chosen field of marketing,finance and HR.
3. will be able to demonstrate team spirits,skills and values continue to learn and adapt to change throughout their professional career .
The Commerce graduates should be able to:
1. Accounting knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, Social science, accounting fundamentals, and accounting specialization to the solution of complex accounting & management problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse socio – economic problems to arrive at substantiated conclusions using first principles of statistics, natural and social sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for economic problems and design case study, processes to meet the specifications with consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research – based knowledge including design of tools, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern statistical tools.
6. The accountant and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional accounting practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional accounting solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the accounting practices.
9.Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communications: Communicate effectively with the accounting professional community and with society at large. Be able to comprehend and write effective reports documentation. Make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team. Manage project in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life – long learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life – long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
B.COM (CA) – 2015 Batch
M/S. Edel weiss Tokia life, Coimbatore
B.COM (CA) -2015
Tamil nadu Police. Chennai.
B.COM (CA) -2017
Ministry of Home Affairs –Assam
B.COM (CA) – 2016 Batch
Associate in BPS, TCS,