To be a center of excellence in the development of Executives and Business leaders who uphold moral values guided by faith.
To imparting knowledge, innovative practices and community service – offering socially responsive programs supportive of national and global development.
The Department of Commerce was established in 2015 primarily with 2 programmes namely B.Com (General) and B.Com (Computer Applications). It ensures to provide its students with an effective learning experience with state-of-the-art laboratories, experienced faculties and thought-provoking teaching pedagogy. With the help of this programme, students are able to get trained in the field of accounts to become accounting and finance professionals. The course gives emphasis to develop analytical skills and offers a solid grounding and professional competence in all aspects of accounting.
Kalasalingam Association of Commerce is an association to facilitate the students in promoting creativity, Personality Development, Effective public speaking, Leadership skills, Team spirit and Social Responsibilities. College hosts competitions, Guest Lecturers and Paper presentations for the students who opted for Professional Accounting. Focusing on the practical exposure of the students, the department is involved in a variety of activities that are related to the industry. It hosts lectures, national and international seminars, and conferences with experts from a variety of reputable and recognised institutions and universities. Department of Commerce have a Memorandum of Understanding with Institute of Cost Accountant of India(ICAI) Students are involved in Industrial Visits to have practical knowledge of how different organizations/corporate work. The department follows a student-centred, leisurely instructional approach. Students in B.Com (Professional Accounting) are provided with an opportunity to do online, short term and Value-added courses. Students of the B.Com (Professional Accounting) programme are regularly participating in the “National and International events”.
B.Com (Professional Accounting) programme has been designed to create accounting and finance professionals as in any other fields like Engineering, Medical, Law and Agriculture etc. There are lots of career opportunities in the corporate field and it is one of the top career choices made by the students in the state as well as in India. A graduate after completion of his/her program can initially join as a trainee or an accountant and also seek employment in various government and private sectors, public accounting firms, marketing firms, budget planning and consultancies. They can also work as free launchers in the field and work separately by taking assignments from small ventures for maintaining their accounts. Professionals in the career can also get into teaching jobs in universities and colleges after their completion of post-graduation.
Further, the curriculum includes most of the courses of professional programmes run by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, the Institute of Company Secretaries of India and the Institute of Cost Accountants of India, which facilitate them to take up these programmes concurrently.
Department of Commerce is happy to announce that all students from B. Com PA who registered for Professional Course – Cost and Management Accountant with Institute of Cost and Management of India cleared their Foundation Exam conducted during December 2019.
Department of Commerce is happy to inform that all students from B. Com PA who registered for Company Secretary with Institute of Company Secretaries of India cleared their Foundation Exam conducted during January 2021.
Job Prospects and Career Options after B.Com (Professional Accounting)
B.Com Professional Accounting course has become pretty popular among students nowadays. More and more students are pursuing this course. The course offers diverse career opportunities. The most popular choices of education on completion of a B.Com Professional Accounting degree are as follows.
M.Com: If one wishes to continue in the same field of education, he/ she can opt for a M.Com Accountancy course. It is a two-year course and the eligibility criteria include having a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce.
MBA: A large number of B.Com graduates choose to go for the management route by pursuing a PGDM or MBA course. Admissions are offered through a national level entrance test. Having a B.Com degree together with an MBA in a specialization of choice is highly advantageous and many organizations actively search for such candidates.
Competitive examinations: Another route that graduates can go for is to prepare for competitive examinations. Examinations that are meant for job opportunities in Government sector organizations are most popular. Jobs in this sector are secure with assured high pay and regular increments.
The field of professional accounting opens up many opportunities for professional accounting graduates. There are plenty of openings in the private as well as the government sector. Every government department requires accounts officers and finance officers. Most private companies have certain openings for accounting and finance personnel for managing the accounts department of the firm. B.Com Professional Accounting graduates can get jobs in the banking and the insurance sector.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
The Commerce program aims to achieve the following objectives:
1. Will be capable of making a positive contribution to the accountancy in public practices,Govt commerce and industry.
2. Will be able to pursue research in their chosen field of marketing,finance and HR.
3. will be able to demonstrate team spirits,skills and values continue to learn and adapt to change throughout their professional career .
1. Professionalism: Apply the knowledge of accounting to develop corporate accounting skills.
2. Problem Analysis: Identify the problems in accounting and to formulate the solutions.
3. Design/Development of Solutions: Design the solutions for accounting problems to meet the current accounting needs.
4. Conducting investigation of complex problems: Apply the tools to analyse and interpretation of data and to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern statistical tools to cope up with recent trends.
6. Accountant and society: Inculcate the corporate responsibilities.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of modern accounting system in societal and environmental contexts and to demonstrate the knowledge and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and to commit professional ethics and responsibilities in accordance with the norms of accounting practices.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in team.
10. Communications: Communicate effectively with the accounting professional community and with society at large. Be able to comprehend and write effective reports to documentation.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of management principles and apply these to one’s own work to manage multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for preparation and the ability to engage in life-long learning in the context of technological change.
B.COM (CA) – 2015 Batch
M/S. Edel weiss Tokia life, Coimbatore
B.COM (CA) -2015
Tamil nadu Police. Chennai.
B.COM (CA) -2017
Ministry of Home Affairs –Assam
B.COM (CA) – 2016 Batch
Associate in BPS, TCS,