DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in the year 1992. Presently the department is offering B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and M.Tech in Renewable Energy Technologies. In addition to that the department is offering Ph.D. program also. The department has been accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) under Tier-I category for a period of three years (2017-20). The department has undertaken research projects funded by DST, IE(I) and IEEE. The department has established collaborative with leading industries and reputed education institutions to undertake joint research work. The department is establishing the Smart Grid laboratory under DST-FIST (Level-1) scheme.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
To become a centre of excellence in teaching and research in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To produce technically component Electrical and Electronics Engineering graduates who are able to offer viable solutions to meet the energy security of the nation.
- To provide opportunities and resources to carry out cutting edge research on energy systems.
FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Faculty members of EEE department are involved in research in addition to teaching. The areas of research include Power system Optimization, Power System Security, Voltage Stability, Power Quality, Power System Operation and Control, Power System Planning, Load Forecasting, Power Electronics application in Embedded System, Image Processing, Neural networks and Evolutionary Computation techniques.
- Faculty members have published more than 350 research papers in National and International Journals and conferences.
- Established “Power Systems Automation” in the year 2002 under TIFAC-CORE PROJECT.
- The EEE Department had organized several national and international conferences / seminar / workshop / short term courses sponsored by funding agencies like CSIR, DRDO, DST-SERB, ISTE, IEEE, etc.
- The Department has close interaction with leading industries in our country. Many projects have been carried out in association with leading industries including ABB Ltd, TNEB, Ramco Cements, Fenner, India Cements, TVS, DRDO, TTPS, Mcnold Transformers, BHEL, Keltron, Orbit controls, Alstom, Pentasoft, etc. Many Consultancy Projects have been carried out to cater to the needs of nearby industries.
- Short term courses are offered to the students to enhance the employability skill on Matlab, Embedded processor, LaTeX.
- Students are given exposure to current trends including embedded controller design, neural networks, Genetic algorithm etc through seminars, and guest lectures by the field experts.
- The students are given hands on training on PLC, SCADA-RTU, Energy Conservation and Electromagnetic Transient simulation through short term courses and workshops.
- Seminar and Workshop have been conducted regularly on Renewable Energy Conservation &Energy Management, Renewable Energy Sources to create energy awareness among the students.
- The faculty takes keen interest to provide the necessary counseling, coaching and guidance to the students to shape their carrier aspiration through competitive like GATE, CAT and GRE.
- Department Magazine is released every year regularly.
- The Department NSS regularly conduct extension activities like Blood donation camp in association with Meenakshi mission hospital.
- Non-CGPA courses are offered to improve the performance of the students in the extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
- Regular Alumni interaction curriculum development and placement.
- Student’s placement in public and private sector companies.
- Effective faculty advisory system.