ADVERTISEMENT FOR “POST DOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP” (PDRF)
Advertisement No. KARE/R&D/2022-2023/02/08 Dated: 18.11.2022
Ph.D. degree in respective discipline, with a consistently good academic record throughout. Candidates who have submitted the thesis and awaiting award of degree may also apply.
Position and Eligibility, Fellowship Amount:
Ph.D. awarded or with Ph.D. Provisional Certificate: ₹25,000/- (Arts and Science ), ₹40,000/- (Engineering)
Thesis submitted and Ph.D. degree is awaited*: ₹ 18,000/-(Arts and Science ), ₹ 30,000/-(Engineering)
*Candidate has to produce a letter from Competent Authority stating that the thesis has been submitted and the final viva/defence is pending.
One year and based on the evaluation committee’s report it can be
extended for the second year.
The appointees will be called as Postdoctoral Research Fellow (PDRF) and the initial award will
be for ONE Year which can be extended for maximum of two years. The extension after each
year will be after thorough review of the candidate’s performance. Those who do not have
Ph.D. degree will be called as Research Associate (RA).
Responsibilities of Postdoctoral Fellows:
- The candidates who have applied for the PDF need to submit their proposal with the defined objectives and methodology along with a request letter to the office of R & D.
- The selection committee, nominated by the Vice Chancellor, shall conduct the interview to evaluate the performance of the scholar based on his/her research background and outcomes.
- The selected PDF scholars shall directly work under the mentor and monitored by the R & D office
- The selected PDF scholars have to undertake their research based on the objectives defined in the proposal during the time of their admission. Mid-term review by the Department Research Committee (DRC) will be conducted once in three months to monitor their research progress
- The duration of the fellowship will be initially for a period of one year, and it will be extended further based on the satisfactory performance of the PDF scholar in the quarterly review meeting
- The PDF scholars shall be given a time period of six months to carry out their research and have to publish a minimum of four SCI paper with cumulative impact factor of six or one SCI paper with impact factor of six in the first or corresponding author position at the end of the first year as an outcome of their proposal
- During this tenure, the PDF scholars have to handle one course for UG/PG students as a part of their regular activity. And also, they should participate in the school’s level activities in case of any specific need sought by the Deans.
- The PDF scholars will not be allowed to work at any institute or industry during the period of fellowship.
- The PDF scholars shall assist the UG, PG, and Ph.D. research scholars by providing technical support. However, the publications of those works will not be considered for the count of PDF scholars.
- If the PDF scholars want to discontinue their position without satisfying any specified outcomes, they need to comply with the decision taken by the DRC and the Director R&D.
- The PDF scholars are encouraged to submit the funding proposal and undertake any nongovernment and consultancy projects after the successful completion of the first year. However, the proposals have to be submitted under the affiliation of KARE with the undertaking to perform the project under the university premises.
Hostel accommodation will be provided as per the Institute rules in
the campus on joining. (Subject to availability).
Each Postdoctoral Fellow will be entitled for 12 days of casual leave in a
Interested candidates are requested to submit the Hard copy of the applications form along with the detailed CV and research proposal to
Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education,
Anand Nagar, Krishnankoil-626 126,
Virudhunagar District, Tamil Nadu,
before 20.12.2022(05.00 PM).
Only shortlisted candidateswill be intimated by email for aPhysical mode interview. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview. If any Clarification, Please feel Free to contact Director(R&D) through email@example.com