- M.Tech. Network Engineering
- M.Tech. Information Assurance & Security
SHORT TERM COURSES
- Cisco Certied Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Wireless LAN Support Specialist
- Security +
- Oracle Certied Java Programmer (OCJP)
- IBM DB2 Fundamentals
- IBM Rational Application Developer
- IBM Tivoli
- IBM Rational Functional Tester
- IBM Lotus Domino
- Network Montoring and Testing
The Details of above short term courses as described as follows
CCNA is a foundation level course for individuals, interested in building a future in networking domain on Cisco products.
Prefinal and final year students doing Engineering Degree in Electronics / Electronics and communication / Computer science and engineering / Information Technology
Course Duration : 80 hrs
Recommended batch size : 24 students
After the successful completion of the course, students will be capable to Install, configure, and operate LAN, WAN, and dial access services for small networks of less than 100 nodes. Expertise in use of IP, IGRP, Serial, Frame Relay, IP RIP, VLANs, RIP, Ethernet, and Access Lists protocols. Install and configure Cisco switches and routers in multi protocol inter networks using LAN and WAN interfaces.
Topics Covered in CCNA Course
|Planning & Designing||Implementation & Operation||Lab Exercises|
|Design a simple LAN, IP addressing. Design a simple internetwork using Cisco technology and selection of Routing protocol. Develop an access list to meet user specifications.||Configure routing protocols given user requirements, IP addresses, subnet masks, and gateway addresses on routers and hosts, router and a switch with VLANS and inter-switch communication. Implement a LAN, Implement access lists and simple WAN protocols.||Basic PC configuration Building Peer to Peer & Switch based Network Basic Switch Configuration with MAC Address Table Spanning Tree Protocol IP Addressing & Subnetting.|
|Perform LAN and VLAN troubleshooting, routing protocols and IP addressing and host configuration Troubleshoot an access list||Evaluate the Spanning Tree process, routing protocols, TCP/IP communication process and its associated protocols Evaluate rules for packet control Evaluate key characteristics of WANs||Configuring VLANS and basic Router Configuration with CDP, Static Routes RIP, EIGRP, OSPF & ACL’s. Configuring Inter VLAN Routing.|
- CISCO router 2600 series
- Catalyst 2950 switches
- Packet Tracer 3.2
- CCNA network simulator
Oracle Certified Java Programmer(OCJP)
Enables the participant
- To learn about the Object Oriented concepts.
- To prepare for Oracle Certified Java Programmer certification exam
- To gain the necessary knowledge and skills to write any kinds of application and applet programs
Industrial / Government Persons and Students (Pre-final and final year students doing B.E / M.C.A / M.Sc )
Exposure to computer programming and algorithms.
Course Duration : 60 hours
Recommended Batch Size : 30 persons
Topics and Lab Exercises on:
- Language fundamentals
- Operators, control statements and arrays
- Introduction to classes and methods
- String handling mechanisms
- Inheritance concepts
- Overloading and overriding
- Exception handling
- Collections framework
- Introduction to Applets
- Event handling
Equipment and Software used:
- Java JDK, Ecllipse IDE
At the end of this Network Security course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of security threats
- Understand communication and infrastructure security
- Understand cryptography, access control and authentication
- Prevent against external attack
- Demonstrate knowledge of operational and organization security
- Pre-final and final year students doing Engineering Degree in Electronics / Electronics & Communication / Computer Science & Engineering / Information Technology.
- MCA, B.Sc degree graduates & Diploma graduates in the above disciplines are also eligible
Applicants should possess a sound knowledge of basic networking concepts.
Course Duration: 40 hours
Recommended batch size: 20 persons
- General networking and security concepts
- Certificate basics
- Network infrastructure security
- Communications security
- Application security
- User security
- Security baselines
- Operational security
- Organizational security
- Incident detection and response
- Switch & VLAN configuration using Business Policy Switch 2000.
- Exercise on cryptography & cryptanalysis using Cryptool.
- Providing e-mail security using PGP.
- Configuring Virtual Private Network (VPN) using Contivity 1700.
- Configuring firewall using Alteon Switched Firewall (ASF) 5008.
- Load balancing using Alteon 184 Web Switch.
- Packet capturing and analysis using Ethereal.
- Monitoring network resources using CiscoWorks 2000.
Equipments and Software used:
- Business Policy Switch 2000
- Alteon 184 Web switch
- Contivity 1700
- Alteon Switched Firewall 5308
- Checkpoint Firewall
- Ethereal Network Protocol Analyzer.
- PGP (Pretty Good Privacy)
- Ciscoworks 2000
RedHat Linux is the most popular distribution of linux currently in use. It has shown itself to be a robust, reliable operating system that can run on a variety of Hardware, from Personal computers to mainframe. It can be used at the enterprise level as a full-fledged server, as well as at the workstation level for typical user applications. This course is to train students for RHCE
Pre-final and final year students doing Engineering Degree in Electronics / Electronics & Communication / Computer Science & Engineering / Information Technology.
MCA, B.Sc degree graduates & Diploma graduates in the above disciplines are also eligible
Applicants should possess a sound knowledge of Operating System
Course Duration : 96 hours
Recommended batch size : 20 Persons
Topics and Lab Exercises:
- Managing the file system
- Standard I/O and Pipes
- Users, group Administration and their permission
- Configuring the bash shell
- Configuring the Gnome
- Handling the Vi and Vim editors
- Finding the Processing files
- Installation (NFS,Harddisk)
- System initialization and services
- Kernel services and Configuration
- Network Configuration
- RPM and Kickstart
- Printing and AdminTools
- Troubleshooting exercises
- DNS & DHCP Server Configuration
- Fetchmail, Sendmail server configuration
- Samba and Apache Server configuration
Certificate Course in Networking
The Course will define the TIA cabling standards related to a cabling system design. This training course will define the different spaces for a structured cabling system and the placement of these spaces in a commercial building. Designing structured cabling systems will describe and define the horizontal pathways and cabling requirements. This training course will also describe and define the backbone pathways and cabling requirements
Students who have completed Diploma on Degree in Electronics / Electrical / Electronics and Communication / Computer Engineering/ Information Technology.
B.Sc degree graduates in the above disciplines or BCA degree graduates are also eligible
All applicants should possess a sound knowledge of fundamentals of computer, and basics of electronics and components.
Course Duration:120 hours
Recommended batch size: 20 persons
- Introduction to Networking
- Layered Architecture & LAN, WAN Technologies
- Network Design Fundamentals
- Addressing and Logical Design of a Network
- Physical Design of a Network
- Selection of Passive Components and Guidelines
- Cabling & Connectrisation
- Configuration of Network Devices
- Testing & Trouble Shooting
- Linux and Windows OS installation and Configuration
- Various types UTP Cable Construction
- Network Design for a Particular Building / Layout
- Router Configuration
- Testing the network with various components.
- Troubleshoot the Network
- Fiber cable Network Demonstration
Equipments and Software used:
- Cisco Switch, Router
- Crimp Tool
- Windows and Linux OS
- Cable Tester, Micro Meter
- Splicing Tool
This course provides knowledge through the radio technologies associated with WLAN 802.11 standards, bridge topologies and applications. In addition, the students can learn how to configure WLAN products including access points, bridges. Although focused on the Cisco Aironet software and management features, they can also gain an understanding of the security risks that exist when deploying wireless networks and the considerations, methodologies and tools that allow such risks to be mitigated.
Prefinal and final year students doing undergraduate and postgraduate degree in Electronics and Communication / Computer Science and Engineering / Information Technology.
- Basic Understanding of Networking (TCP/IP and Routing Fundamentals)
- Basic Understanding or experience with Network Security
Course Duration : 40 Hrs
Recommended batch size : 20 Students
Learn to design, configure, implement and troubleshoot wireless networks from the ground up. Learn tools and techniques for both Hacking and Hack proofing your Wireless networks.
Topics Covered in Wireless Networks Course
- Overview of WLAN
- Overview of WLAN Topologies
- Wireless Radio Technology
- Configuration of Access Points (1100 and 1200)
- Wireless Bridges (350 Series)
- WLAN Security
- Site Survey and Installation
- WLAN Troubleshooting, Management and Monitoring
- Introduction to Wireless Devices
- Basic Cisco Aironet Access Point -1100 series Configuration
- Basic Cisco Aironet Access Point -1200 series Configuration
- Basic Cisco Aironet Bridge – BR350 series Configuration
- Building WLAN Security
- WLAN Design and Implementation
Equipment and Softwares used
- Cisco Aironet Access Point 1100 Series
- Cisco Aironet Access Point 1200 Series
- Cisco Aironet Bridge BR350 Series
- Antennas (Omnidirectional and Unidirectional)
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco VxWorks
Click here to download short term courses Application form (for Kalasalingam University students only)