DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Physics, Kalasalingam University was started in 1984 through the pioneering vision of “Kalvi Vallal” Thriu T. Kalasalingam, it has grown into a department of research, with excellent active research in all front line areas of research. Presently the department is offering Ph.D., Pre Doctoral (M.Phil Physics) Post Graduate (M.Sc. Physics) ,Under Graduate (B.Sc. Physics)courses. The department of Physics has been involved in teaching to promote science and technology to the B.Tech and M.Sc. students.
The Faculty members of the department has strong research capability in various fields of like Crystallography, Spectroscopy, Thin films, Theoretical Physics, Non-Linear Optics, Polymer Science, Ionics, etc. The department has equipped laboratories through which creative ideas are implanted in the minds of the students.
The Department is confronted by the mission of creating new technologies and procedures for the invention of various new materials useful in the field of medicine, batteries, opto-electronics, fuel cells, etc. through the cutting edge of research and education.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
To achieve excellence in education and research in the field of Physics and other related areas through knowledge creation and dissemination.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Impart quality education and promote scientific temper
- Blend theoretical knowledge with practical skills
- Motivate basic/academic and applied research in technically important fields
- Provide access to all sections of the society to pursue higher education
- Inculcate moral values and ethics among students
- Prepare students as responsible citizens
- Hasten the process of creating a knowledgeable society