DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The department of Electrical and Electronics of Arulmigu Kalasalingam College of Engineering was established in 1993. Since then its excellence in academic and other related activities have played an important role in the grown of the institute. The department is accredited by NBA in the year 2003 and recognized by Anna University as one of the research centers in the year 2003 to carry out research leading to Ph.D. and M.S. Programmes.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
To become a centre of excellence in teaching and research in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To produce technically component Electrical and Electronics Engineering graduates who are able to offer viable solutions to meet the energy security of the nation
- To provide opportunities and resources to carry out cutting edge research on energy systems
FEATURES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Faculty members of EEE department are involved in research in addition to teaching. The areas of research include Power system Optimization, Power System Security, Voltage Stability, Power Quality, Power System Operation and Control, Power System Planning, Load Forecasting, Power Electronics application in Embedded System, Image Processing, Neural networks and Evolutionary Computation techniques.
- Faculty members have published more than 300 research papers in National and International Journals and conferences.
- Launching of TIFAC-CORE PROJECT in “Power Systems Automation” in the year 2002.
- The EEE Department had organized several national and international conferences / seminar / workshop / short term courses sponsored by funding agencies like CSIR, DRDO, DST-SERB, ISTE, IEEE, etc.
- The Department has close interaction with leading industries of our country. Many projects have been carried out in association with leading industries including ABB Ltd, TNEB, Ramco Cements, Fenner, India Cements, TVS, DRDO, TTPS, Mcnold Transformers, BHEL, Keltron, Orbit controls, Alstom, Pentasoft, etc. Many Consultancy Projects have been carried out to cater to the needs of nearby industries.
- The various courses are organized for development of employability skill-Matlab, Embedded processor, LaTeX.
- Students are given exposure to current trends including embedded controller design, neural networks, Genetic algorithm etc through seminars, and guest lectures by the field experts.
- The students are given hands on training on PLC, SCADA-RTU, Energy Conservation and Electromagnetic Transient simulation through short term courses and workshops.
- Seminar and Workshop have been conducted regularly on Renewable Energy Conservation &Energy Management, Renewable Energy Sources to create energy awareness among the students.
- The faculty takes keen interest to provide the necessary counseling, coaching and guidance to the students to shape their carrier aspiration through competitive like GATE, CAT and GRE.
- Release of Department Magazine every year regularly.
- The Department NSS regularly conduct extension activities like Blood donation camp in association with Meenakshi mission hospital.
- Non-CGPA courses to improve the performance of the students in the extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
- Produced a number of University Rank holders.
- Regular Alumni interaction curriculum development and placement.
- Students placement in public and private sector companies.
- Effective faculty advisory system.