Centre for Learning Technologies
Centre for Learning Technologies (CLT) was incepted in 2008 to facilitate the faculty of Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education to enrich their soft skills and other related disciplines. The courses on pedagogy, soft skills training and department specific refresher courses are aimed at enabling faculty to train students to meet global requirements as well as to equip them for on and off campus training. Visiting faculty from premier institutions around the country like IIScs, IITs , IIMs , ISIs, NITs, R&D labs to name a few and also from abroad will conduct on campus training in the Institution premises.
The success story began with four programmes organised by the CLT within a short span of three months. So far 17 programs have been completed and 521 participants gained expertise. The new approach to Student Centric Learning is being taught to the faculty to be implemented in classrooms. The detailed planning would create a flexible framework that might integrate classroom lectures with practical projects and bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and its implementation in real life situations. The courses are framed to assist the faculty in improving their content preparation for delivery; diversified methods to deliver the content. CLT facilitates the staff to upgrade themselves on modern technologies. It helps non-teaching staff to strengthen their career development, stress management and communication skills. Smart classrooms are created to explore the modern teaching methods for the staff members to make interactive sessions. Flipped classrooms are being introduced to students. CLT has purchased NPTEL material and provides viz. servers and since entire campus is connected by Wi-Fi, any faculty can download E-Learning materials for their demonstration.
Centre for Learning Technologies promotes the faculty members to excel in teaching learning process to cater to the socio-economic and industrial needs.
Centre for Learning Technologies facilitate the faculty members to excel on pedagogy, soft skills and innovative teaching learning process by conducting orientation courses, development programs and need based refresher courses.
- Faculty Induction programs for fresh teaching and non-teaching staff members
- Train the modern teaching learning process viz Smart Classrooms promoting innovating teaching methodologies.
- Department specific need based refresher courses.
- Collaborating with industries and national level training institutes of mutual interest.
- Encouraging faculty members to participate off campus programs
- Developing innovative teaching aids / course materials using modernized teaching tools for better understanding of slow student learners.
- Faculty exchange programs with national as well as international level academics. Continuous improvement in classroom and laboratory techniques